Pros and Cons of Repairing Versus Replacing Torn Carpet
Perhaps the kids were playing and got a little too rambunctious. Maybe the new puppy decided the middle of the living room carpet was the right spot to perfect his hole digging technique. No matter how the tear, rip or hole happens, it doesn’t always mean the entire carpet will need replacing.
Carpet Repair Pros
- Obviously the number one advantage is cost. Repairing is always going to be less expensive. These days purchasing and installing new carpet can cost up to ten times more than simply repairing the carpet.
- When professionally repaired, chances are quite good the damaged area won’t even be noticeable. A carpet repair specialist will carefully match the existing carpet style, color and pile. This ensures the previously damaged area blends perfectly.
- In this day of reuse, reduce, recycle why replace a perfectly good carpet simply because there is a small damaged area? Pro Carpet Repair & Restoration repairs many carpets customers thought were unrepairable. Repairing rather than replacing allows you to get maximum life out of the existing carpet and lessens what goes to the landfill.
Carpet Repairing Cons
- The age and overall condition of the undamaged carpet needs consideration. Over time carpet fibers will start to deteriorate and the carpet will begin to look worn, especially in high traffic areas. Is your carpet near the end of its life? Generally most mid to high-end carpets have a life span of 10 to 20 years. If it’s severely damaged, stained or matted, or if you’re planning on selling your home in the near future, it may make more sense to replace rather than repair.
- Unfortunately even with a regular schedule of carpet cleaning some carpets may retain odors that simply cannot be removed. If this happens replacing the carpet is usually the best option.
- If cost isn’t a factor and you’re ready for an update, replacing just may be the smarter choice. And according to 2021 decorating trends, carpet is making a big comeback as a flooring option.
A New Year means a new name, a new website and a new attitude for Pro Carpet Repair and Restoration, formerly Foothills Carpet Care. And to all our clients, please note, Adam and Samantha are still the owners. We just decided with the New Year it was time to showcase our outstanding repair and restoration services in addition to our professional carpet cleaning services. Now along with cleaning, restoring and rejuvenating carpet we are also your locally-owned and operated 24 hour emergency carpet water damage clean-up and restoration service. For additional information or if you’d like to schedule a complementary estimate for any of our listed services please use our handy and simple online form or call 864-569-9366 today!